Mattina MTO Guide
Mattina Stock Leathers
Choosing leather for uppers can be a challenge on par with choosing a cloth for a suit. Rest assured that this selection has been carefully curated from some of the best tanneries in the world, providing a variety of high functioning options that will age elegantly with wear. Feel free to contact us to find out more about particular leathers, to seek out particular leathers not in stock, or to see specific swatches in different lighting.
Smooth leathers are ideal for formal wear, and look great with a mirror shine. These are supple while maintaining shape over long use.
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Black
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Navy Blue 8865
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Espresso 2986
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Dark Brown 5048
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Chocolate 5726
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Bordeaux 2372
- Tannery D'Annonay Vocalou Calf Chestnut 5448
Other Smooth leathers:
- Zonta Museum Calf Dark Brown 3101
- Zonta Museum Calf Cognac
Grain (embossed) Leathers
Grain leathers have been embossed with a pattern from the tannery, making them more resistant to scratches and water spots from rain. These pair extremely well with rubber soles as a rainy day shoe.
- Tannery D'Annonay Inca Grain Calf Black
- Tannery D'Annonay Inca Grain Calf Rosewood 6127
- Horween Hatchgrain Cowhide Black (limited)
- Horween Hatchgrain Cowhide Saddle Brown (limited)
Our calf suedes have been chosen for their rich handle and luxurious feel. While they are ideal for more casual warm weather shoes, they can easily hold their own in wet weather. Repello suede from CF Stead in particular have been impregnated with Scotch Guard during tanning so that liquids fall right off without need for sprays.
- CF Stead Repello Calf Suede Tobacco 12
- CF Stead Repello Calf Suede Chocolate 11592
- CF Stead Repello Calf Suede Dark Polo 8819
- CF Stead Repello Calf Suede Navy Blue
- CF Stead Repello Calf Suede Black
Mattina currently offers 2 different lasts that have identical fit along the body of the shoe.
- N (Soft square) - European True to size. Heel is shaped to be snug with a generous forefoot. Medium-high instep.
- C (Almond toe) - European True to size. Same last as N except for the toe shape.
Mattina offers 2 types of leather soles and 2 types of low profile rubber soles. By default, leather soles with have a black painted waist, but this can be left brown upon request. Midsoles can be added to any of these options without charge.
- Regular Leather
- JR Rendenbach Leather including JR heel (+$40)
- Vibram Eton Rubber
- Dainite Studded Rubber
Additional flush toe taps or topsoles can be added to leather soles on request. Additional lead time: 1-2 weeks.
- Lulu steel toe tap (+$45)
- Vibram Explosion topy sole (+$45)
- Vibram Explosion topy heel (+$45)
Note: Pictured with Topy sole and Lulu toe taps.
Mattina Edge and Welt Finish
Mattina’s edges and welts come in 4 different finishes.
- Antique Brown (pictured with pitched heel, for GMTO only)
- Dark Brown
Mattina shoe trees are semi-lasted (only the toe is not lasted), hollowed, and use a twin tube spring mechanism.