There are currently COVID-19 restrictions or delays around delivering small accessories to certain countries (such as India). Delivery via DHL express can be arranged if ordering 5 or more pairs.
Tongue pads are a fitting aid designed to take up volume in the instep (top of the foot).
- 3-4 mm thick piece of veg tanned leather, which will start off stiff and gradually break in to the shape of your foot
- Completely handmade to a standard 5 cm x 3.8 cm size. Size may vary slightly due to handmade nature of the product. Custom sizes available upon request.
- Edges and corners beveled and polished with 3 types of burnishing compounds to minimise rough edges against your foot
- Strong but removable double sided tape backing
Some common issues caused by too much room in the instep:
- Excessive heel slip
- Facings (where the laces are) meeting too closely when tightened, potentially even overlapping
- Loose fit on top of your foot even when laces are tightened
These can also be used in conjunction with inserts/insoles to improve the fit of an oversized shoe.
- Test wear (put tongue pads in without ‘activating’ the double sided tape, lace up shoes (not too tight as the veg tan will be quite stiff to start)
- If the fit is good, remove shoe and clean tongue
- Remove white backing for adhesive tape
- CAREFULLY attach tongue pad to tongue. The tape is very strong and difficult to reposition
- Lace slightly looser for the first few wears while they break in. If the pads are too stiff, they can be dampened with water before you put them on, which will make them more flexible. If you have lasted trees, don’t tightly lace up the shoes with them in